Wednesday 8 February 2012

Book One: The Day Before the Ball!

Welcome all to a new book! I hope that you have all enjoyed it thus far. I am appreciative to P.D. James for the Prologue, as it has been sometime since I have read Pride and Prejudice. Always good to catch up with the Bennett family. I had forgotten about Creepy Rev. Collins, the man bothered me than. Book One: The Day Before the Ball. It was great to get caught up with life at Pemberley. I am curious about the ghost stories of the woodland. What about Billings and Lousia Bidwell? Will they wed? Loads of Drama who will Georgiana choose to love? Why did Lydia the disgraced sister choose to fall into Jane's arms? What brought Lydia and Wickham to Pemberley when they are exiled? What do you all think lets chat? What are your impressions????

4 comments:

Stacey said...

I'm behind on my reading but I really like what I have read so far. I also appreciated the prologue that helped remind me of who all the players were. Word is that we're getting a bit of snow here starting this afternoon & into tomorrow so my plan is to spend a nice snowy day on the couch & reading tomorrow. :o)

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Michele said...

I appreciated the prologue as well, especially as I do not recall particularly liking the original book to begin with! Not a big fan of the Colnel so far, and am very interested in seeing what is going on in the woodland.

Annamae said...

The Colonel is an a character to watch I think. I am not sure what we will see develop.

Julia said...

I'm with everyone else, I appreciated the prologue as a reminder of the original book. I am enjoying the start of this book.

Now where did the Colonel go to and why so late at night?

It seems a bit strange to me that Lydia left Wickham out there in the wood.