Thursday 23 February 2012

Book Three: Police at Pemberley

Well Friends what do you think? I see that we are all a bit skeptical about what the Colonel is withholding for Darcy and us. I have a few ideas but am not ready to divulge. I am pretty sure that Sir Selwyn will keep Darcy out of the loop due to his family connections to the victim and murder. Most of the Polices presents seems on the up and up, protecting both Wickham and the Darcy household. Why did the Colonel demand the Darcy spend the night with him in the Library? What was the great benefit to either of them or the house for that matter? What was it that Darcy witnessed the colonel burning in the fire in the middle of the night? Lydia is really troubling me with her poor demeanor and rude attack upon Elizabeth. It is amazing that she blames Elizabeth for every evil in her own life yet she is unable to look at her own actions and choices. Even to the point in which they arrived at Pemberley in the first place. It is time to tell everyone the story of the last nights events. Some will receive full disclosure of the events of the night before the ball. What do you think??????? I hope you are all enjoying this novel.

2 comments:

Michele said...

First , let me say I am enjoying the book more than I expected, and I find it hard to stop and wait for your post. I wonder more and more about the Colonel, including the whole sleeping downstairs and burning the letter. Darcy must have some misgivings as well as he faked sleep and did not ask. Looking forward to having the mystery solved!

Annamae said...

Michele,
Take notes as you read. Then you can read at your own rate. I have to admit I have been busy so I get reading and have to stop and write notes for my post. I wonder about the Colonel in many ways but then think what might he have had against Denny? We all know What he and Darcy have against Wickham, so it would have been logical and less suspenseful it were Wickham that was the actual victim.